Inspirations

February 2019:

Someone good always walks in ; if it’s bad, it’s a story ; if it’s good, then life-long friends. – Sam Beavers

Sam Beavers has inspired me from this one sentence that stuck out for me because I never thought about things with that kind of an attitude. For me, it means that no matter what you should be satisfied with who comes into your life, and always try to be positive or see things from a positive perspective.

“It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” – Albus Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore’s quote is first of all written perfectly because the words do well and dwell are very similar which creates a great flow. The actual meaning of the quote is also meaningful to me because personally I forgot about myself and giving myself a break because I was trying to reach my goals. This quote was a reminder for me to take some time off just to myself.

March 2019:

“A man is about as big as the things that make him angry” – Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill’s quote completely changed my mindset because after thinking and finding out what the quote means to me, I tried to change myself in hopes of improving myself. The quote to me means that in order to be the “bigger” man or more mature, you need to act like it by not getting mad at small things. Thus, I have tried to remember this when I get angry and it has helped my patience enormously.

My second inspiration is the short story, The Lottery. The story is rather strange, but the overlying theme and the message it has about change and the human condition has completely inspired my way of thinking about change itself. The story has a very odd plot, but after analyzing it, I realize that even if people are doing the worst things, if the majority of the people believe it is good or is fine, people will not change their viewpoints and actions.

April 2019:

“There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.” – Marshall McLuhan

This quote seems to have come to me at the perfect time. Everyone is talking about how the earth won’t be able to survive after 2030 or 2025. The quote tells me that nobody is just here to sit around on earth and that it is a unified responsibility of the world to protect the earth and also to work together rather than fight amongst each other.

“The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau

This quote speaks to me because as soon as I read it I had a certain understanding that gave me a spark of inspiration. It may sound like it is saying that you trade your life for objects which can be one way to see it. Another way to look at it is that you spend time- of your life- to make money and you take that money and use it to buy something. This means that indirectly, you spent some time of your life in exchange for something. This tells me that you should not always be looking to make money because it is just getting more ways to exchange your life for something which is not as valuable.

May 2019:

My first inspiration is Chris Mects. He inspired me when I learned that he takes two extra jobs that he hates just so he can be a musician. The amount of passion that he shows for music is indescribable because, in order to live his dream, he is willing to sacrifice everything which is something that I aspire to do as well as I chase my dreams.

My second inspiration is Jade Bartlett. She told our class about how writing poetry must be done with a passion and you shouldn’t be pushing away your emotions, instead, you should be living through them to help make your piece more lively. I personally believe this can be taken with anything because when you do work with passion the work is done with much higher quality and more efficiently. Also, it will make those countless hours worthwhile.