May 2019

1. For Whom the Bell Tolls – by Ernest Hemingway    (585 pages of 585 pages)

6599421

Image result for gold star rating iconImage result for gold star rating iconImage result for gold star rating icon

This month was not a great month of reading as I was fasting which ended up making me forget to read, but also I was a little overtaken by the amount of homework given during the time.

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway

For Whom Bell Tolls is a novel about a man living during the Spanish civil war and his journeys as he learns about the politics and his beliefs are challenged which creates many changes within his character. Furthermore, he faces many different obstacles which shape him as a person all happening within the span of 4 days. Hemingway´s descriptions can, in my opinion, was too much, but some details create a very vivid image in my mind.

Total Pages: 585

585/7 = 83.6 pages/week

585/31= 18,9 pages/day

My reading rate has decreased a little from before; however, the issue with my reading is that it is only consisting of one book this month which means I wasn’t able to get a balanced diet of books. The next book I am looking to reading is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I plan to get some extra reading in whenever I can knowing that I will have exams in the month of June.

Citations:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46170.For_Whom_the_Bell_Tolls